SLIDER

WELCOME


Self care, skin care, & nurturing Mother Nature.

Read more here

Trying to live a more minimal and conscious life in search of pure happiness and joy

Makeup Products Fit for Spring



It's official, google says we entered spring 2017 two days ago therefore we can all start smiling again at the thought of some sunshine and clear skies (maybe, we are talking about the good ol' British weather afterall). As it's spring time, I like to switch up my makeup a little and try out a few different products that I feel are always "spring appropriate". I love wearing peachy/coral blushers, matte bronzers, and the Mary Lou Manizer highlighter, but there's just something about spring that makes me turn to anything and everything with pink tones and bronzers with a bit of shimmer and glow. So here's some of my top picks for spring:

Eye Products
- Beauty UK Pin Up Eyeshadow Palette | £5.49: I've already blogged about this palette in detail so I won't bore you (head over there to see swatches of each shadow), but I really like this palette. The 3 last shimmer shades that are shown in my swatches in that post are absolutely stunning and give the lid such a great metallic, almost wet-look, sheen that I really like all year round but particularly at this time of year. The matte shades in this palette are also super nice and they are very "spring-like" to me as they're generally warm shades and that subtle pink shimmer shade - just perfect for spring!

- The Body Shop Color Crush Eyeshadow in Sunshine Love | £7.OO: When I first spotted this eyeshadow, I knew I had to try it. I love yellow - it's my favourite colour - and I've gotten braver and braver with incorporating it into my wardrobe. I've also gotten braver with including it in my makeup bag and this shadow is my ultimate yellow product. The Body Shop's single shadows are buttery soft and blend extremely well. This particular colour is so bright and vibrant but weirdly, despite being so unique and *out there* in colour, it is really wearable. It reminds me of pollen and daffodils in bloom and if that doesn't say "spring" I don't know what does.

- Rimmel Match Perfection Illuminating Concealer | £5.99: I'm really enjoying using this concealer and it's a gorgeous product for giving your skin a bit of a lift and light. The Rimmel Match Perfection range has a knack for brightening the skin so this is a nice concealer for the undereyes but it also heavy duty enough to hide blemishes. I think the brightening this can do gives the skin such a nice natural dewiness - even for us oily skinned folk.



Cheeks
- Essence Silky/Satin Touch Blush in Satin Coral | £1.OO: Essence are always a super budget go-to brand for me and this blusher is just gorgeous. A peachy yet pinky shade, this blusher has a slight shimmer to it making it a great one for when you're feeling lazy and don't want to highlight or if you prefer a more natural highlight. These blushes blend super seamlessly into the skin and give the skin such a natural flush - a definite winner.

- Rimmel Lasting Finish Mono Blush in Live Pink | £3.99: These wee blushers from Rimmel are some of my all-time faves and I wear the shade "Santa Rose" pretty much daily, but when I do feel like switching it out for a different shade, I love this very girly, very not me but I love it, baby pink. It looks much brighter and much more bubblegum pink in the pan, but on the cheeks it can look very natural and healthy on the skin.

- Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Bronzer in Golden Days | £4.OO: Another product I have blogged about before, this bronzer is a gorgeous budget product for getting such a great glow on the skin. This bronzer is shimmering but not full of chunky glitter so it still looks flattering on the skin and as a pale girl, I find this shade a really nice match for my skin. It's a creamy powder to blend out and it's colour - despite being a £4 product - lasts well on the skin throughout the day. You also get a large pan of product for your buck so it will see you through all of spring and summer too!

- Essence Soo Glow! Highlighter in 2O Bright Up Your Life | £2.3O: Not usually a cream highlighter girl, I'm as surprised as you are to see this in this post but I really do love these cream to powder highlighters from Essence. Both shades in this range are gorgeous but the pink is particularly nice for spring and is one of the best highlighters for giving a pearlescent sheen to the cheeks and high points of the face.

- The Balm The Manizer Sisters Highlighting Palette | £18.OO: So everyone and their cat is a fan of the Mary-Lou Manizer powder but I also love the not-so-talked-about Cindy-Lou and Betty-Lou Manizers too. Cindy Lou gives the perfect pink highlight with an intense but wearable gold shimmer in it and Betty-Lou has the same gold tones but is a great bronzer. Betty-Lou is a slightly darker, more intense bronze compared to MUR's Vivid Baked Bronzer, so if you've got darker skin than ghostly me or if you like an intense bronze, this is the product for you. I like having the full palette to pick and choose from at this time of year because all of the shades are so great for the slowly in-creeping sunshine.


From left to right: The Body Shop's Eyeshadow, Essence's Silky Touch Blush, Rimmel Lasting Finish Colour Blush, MUR's Vivid Baked Bronzer in Golden Days, Essence's soo glow! Bright Up Your Life, The Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer, Cindy-Lou, and Betty-Lou

Base Products
- Maybelline Fit Me! Powder in Ivory | £5.99: Although I love translucent powder there are a couple of coloured powders that provide a little bit more coverage that I really like. One of those powders is this Fit Me! powder from Maybelline. If you saw last week's disappointing beauty products post, you will know that I am not a fan of the Fit Me! foundations however I do love the concealer and the powder. This powder gives great coverage, keeps my skin looking matte and not cakey, and is also really finely milled so feels velvety to the touch and feather-light on the skin. The best thing about this product though is that I find it quite brightening despite being a matte powder. I like to use it to set my undereye concealer as it brightens the area whilst also keeping it crease-free. This may be due to it's slightly banana/yellow tones but regardless, this is a great all-round powder for any skin types as it doesn't cling to dry patches either.

- The Body Shop All-in-One BB Cream in OO| £12.OO: I haven't been wearing any base products such as foundation since last July but if I ever feel the need to reach for a base I'd actually grab this one. Way back in May when I first purchased this and blogged about it, I wasn't too sure about it because it was so extremely illuminating it seemed more like a liquid highlighter. However now that I have played around with the product more, it is such a gorgeous subtle product for giving your skin a boost. If I want really natural skin and I'm not doing my usual routine where I skip base products completely, I like to use this just to make my skin look healthy and dewy. Teamed with the likes of the Essence cream highlighter and a nice pink blush, this product is incredibly pretty and is extremely comfortable to wear on long days.




Follow me on Bloglovin'
Twitter & Instagram xo

© NB • Theme by Maira G.